Speciality Pool Chemicals
With our wide range of pool speciality products, it has never been easier to keep your swimming pool clean and clear without too much difficulty. Learn more about Pool & Spa Sanitation.
Speciality Chemicals for Pools
- A filter that is clogged up can lead to problems with the filter, including poor water quality, and To cure this, you need to remove the filter and clean with a cartridge cleaner. Once clean, put back the filter and turn on the filtration system and the water quality will improve and prolong the use of your filter, this needs to done regularly for maximum effect.
- Liquid clarifiers can be used on above ground or inground pools. There are also Floc tablets, but these are only suitable if you have a sand filter. The purpose of a flocculant is to grab together with the small particles that then sink to the bottom of the pool so that they can then be picked up by a hoover or net into bigger particles that the hoover or net will be able to collect. Any remaining debris will then be removed by running the filter. Helping to make your pool clear and sparkling.
- Always before using your pool have a shower this will wash any lotions or products that can build up in the pool. Keep your pool as clean as possible, making sure that you test the water regularly. Cheap chemicals in your pool can cause foaming if this is the problem, then it will break down by itself in a few days. One of the problems with foam is that it can be caused by pranksters putting in detergent. First check your pool chemistry is correct, which should be pH 7.2-7.6 and alkalinity level of 100 and 150ppm. If levels are incorrect, adjust before adding no foam.
Tile and Liner Cleaner
- Tile and Liner cleaner is a thick cleaning paste that comes in a tub with a sponge applicator. It is very effective for cleaning off body oils, grease etc that form a tidemark around the waterline of the pool. The cleaning paste can safely be used on liner pools, tiled pools, fibreglass pools and concrete pools.
Before you commence cleaning the waterline, you need to lower the level of water to below the part you wish to clean.
Make sure that protective gloves are worn during the cleaning process, apply using the sponge provided or use a soft cloth. The applicator needs to be moistened before using the paste.
Total Alkalinity Increaser
- Total alkalinity is a fine rapidly dissolving powder used to increase the alkalinity of pools.
Before using ensure that the pumps are running. Pre dissolve in a bucket of warm water. Stir well to ensure that it is fully dissolved. Add gradually around the pool. The pool may go slightly cloudy when added initially but will soon clear.
- This will sort the any over chlorination of your pool particularly if it needs to be sorted quickly. The most often used reducing chemical is Sodium Thiosulphate.
You must make sure that it is added gradually or you are likely to destroy all the chlorine in the pool. If you add about half of what you think is needed, then test the pool water before adding any more. This chemical can dramatically reduce the pH of the pool water, so you must test the pH before, and after adding chemicals, then you need to adjust accordingly. If you artificially reduce the level of chlorine the level of stabiliser will remain the same ideally at 30-60 (ppm).
Never add to pool without diluting as it will cause damage to the liner including colour loss and making it brittle. It will also have damaging effects on other types of pool finishes.
Showing all 12 results
£10.95 Add to cart AquaSplash
1Kg AquaSplash Chlorine Reducer
£16.95 Add to cart AquaSplash
2Kg AquaSplash Chlorine Reducer
£15.95 Read more AquaSplash
2L AquaSplash Pool Clarifier Added Sparkle & Clarify
£14.95 Add to cart AquaSplash
2L AquaSplash Tile & Liner Cleaner
£6.95 Read more AquaSplash
500ml AquaSplash Spa No Foam
£14.95 Read more AquaSplash
5Kg AquaSplash Calcium Hardness Increaser
£21.95 Add to cart AquaSplash
5Kg AquaSplash Chlorine Reducer
£14.95 Read more AquaSplash
5Kg AquaSplash Total Alkalinity Increaser
£5.95 Read more AquaSplash
AquaSplash 1L Pool Clarifier Added Sparkle & Clarify
£9.95 Add to cart AquaSplash
AquaSplash 1L Spa Cartridge Cleaner
£22.95 Read more AquaSplash
AquaSplash 5L Pool Clarifier Added Sparkle & Clarify
Get More Info
If you have questions about any of our products, we are here to help. You can also check out the Frequently Asked Questions page for answers!