Fi-Clor 5-Buoy will provide a constant input of ‘background’ chlorination over a period of several weeks. It acts in the top few centimetres of pool water where pollution is greatest to minimise the risk of bacterial and algal infection.
Ideal for regular use in conjunction with other Fi-Clor chlorine sanitisers or for periods when the pool is not in use (eg when on holiday).
- Kills waterborne bacteria.
- Lasts up to 6 weeks – ideal for holiday use.
- Works even when the water is not circulating.
- Adjust pH to 7.2-7.6 with Fi-Clor pH & Alkalinity Reducer or Fi-Clor pH Increaser as appropriate. For best results, treat pool with Superfast Granules – Shock & Sanitiser at start of season.
- Remove plastic label (tear along dotted lines) and set 5-Buoy to the correct pool volume as shown. We recommend saving the label for future reference.
- Rotate the blue cap of the 5-Buoy to select the correct hole size, appropriate to pool volume.
- Place the 5-Buoy in the deep end of the pool with narrow end downwards. Hold it partly immersed to exclude air, and ensure there is free water flow through the cartridge. Never submerge the blue buoyancy compartment.
- Make sure the 5-Buoy is floating vertically. With liner pools keep away from sides to avoid bleaching.
- Allow 3-4 hours before bathing for unit to become fully effective in untreated pool.
- Maintain free chlorine residual between 2-4 ppm.
- When temporarily removing unit (e.g. if children are unsupervised), stand it in a plastic bucket of cold water free from contamination from other chemicals. To resume treatment, replace unit in deep end and empty bucket contents into pool.
- Cartridge floats on its side when empty. Replace with another 5-Buoy.
Warning: Do not use together with other products. May release dangerous gases (chlorine).
Precautions: Never mix in their solid-state, or in concentrated solution, Fi-Clor (stabilised chlorine) BLUE and (unstabilised chlorine) RED label products. Never mix chemicals, except by dosing into the pool separately and at different times. Never add chemicals to the water when bathers are in the pool. Store in a cool, dry, well ventilated, secure place away from oxidising and reducing agents, eg, petrol, oil, solvents and organic materials; ammonia, fertiliser and nitrogen compounds; strong acids and alkalis. Avoid direct contact with pool chemicals. Should there be skin contact with chemicals, wash thoroughly.